Saturday, November 28, 2009

So much for commitment!

I guess I’ll get around to a seasonal post. Fall is almost over, Thanksgiving has come and gone 5 more weeks and the year is over. Where does time go?


The family is all good. Everyone is either in school or working. The flu has and still is making it's rounds. My work is good and I have my health. I have lost 30% body weight so far. I’m still looking at getting down to 200 pounds.  Although Thanksgiving week has set me back a few pounds.

The fall garden has done well this year. I keep experimenting with things and discovering more and more things that do well during this season.








My chickens are adults but I still haven’t gotten any eggs. It may be spring now before they go into full production.
The Girls in Their Home



I have gotten some great stuff this year. Of course the greens are great and have produced more than I can use. I have turnip greens, mustard greens, kale, collards, beets and Swiss char. All pictured above. Not pictured is a turnip that was 5 to 6 inches in diameter. Cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and brussels sprouts are in the pictures below.
Cauliflower




Broccoli





God is good.

1 comment:

TnFullQuiver said...

Jerry,
Your harvest looks great! I hope we can get our fall garden working next year. We seem to do great with the summer garden, but come fall we are not near as motivated. You left a comment on my blog asking me about the damage done to the chickens. To be honest, everything but the feathers were gone. We also lost our next to last one yesterday up in the hay loft. Go figure. I can't put my finger on it. We may have more than one predator, but again only the feathers were left so it is consistent with the other killings. Let me know what you think. Any advice would be much appreciated!! I am giving our last hen away. I don't want her eaten, and it makes me sad to see her by herself.
grace and peace,
julie